Thursday, July 09, 2015

This Isn't the Post I was Going to Post...

OK, honestly?

I just deleted the post I had written for today.
I mean, it was suitable. Had a few clever lines. Probably would have gotten a chuckle from some of you. But my heart wasn't in it.

And that won't do.

You see, I have been trying diligently to have new posts scheduled to go up every weekday. I even have a little pattern I try to follow: Monday-video devotion, Tuesday-something kid/mothering/marriage/family, Wednesday-something spiritual, Thursday-something kid/mothering/marriage/family, and Friday-This Week with Grandma. Not sure if you ever noticed.
Doesn't really matter.
It's mostly to satisfy the control freak tidy side of me. *ahem*
Anyway, I have recently been motivated to have less and less of me doing things - and more and more of the Holy Spirit running the show. Because I want everything I do and say to be a beautiful reflection of God. And that is only going to happen when I surrender completely to His Spirit.

Completely.

Including with this blog.

I want even the words I write to be of Him. I want the Holy Spirit to minister to the heart of every person who reads here - with His heart. Not with words I type just to fill space in the blogosphere.
So, from here on out - if I "miss" a day of posting please know that I'm not just being lazy. (OK, there's a chance that I am. But it isn't likely. *wink*) Rather, I don't want to waste your time with words that have no heart. If there are words on this blog, you may be assured you have been prayed for and so has the message.

May these words of my mouth (keyboard!) and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

Karen

No comments: